When feeding tomatoes, you need to ensure that you do not overfeed them with too much nitrogen, otherwise the seedlings will become "fatten" and will not form fruit. In order to feed the tomatoes can be used different types: when grown in a greenhouse, open ground, yeast so that the seedlings are plump, which must be put after planting and in the hole when digging the ground for tomatoes.
How to fertilize tomatoes
The first feeding seedlings
15 days after sowing seeds, when the first sprouts begin to appear, pour 1 teaspoon of nitrophoska and 1 teaspoon of nitroammofoski into 1 liter of water and water the seedlings.
How to further fertilize at home
Count off 25 days after sowing seeds. In 1 liter of water, add a little less than a teaspoon of nitrophosphate and a little less than a teaspoon of potassium permanganate, and another half a teaspoon of nitroammophoska. Water the seedlings.
Feeding after picking
2 weeks after the picking, pour in 1 tbsp. a spoon potassium sulfate and 1 tbsp. spoon granular superphosphate in a ten-liter bucket of water. Water the seedlings.Potassium sulfate is used after picking.
What to feed for growth
Mix 2 parts bird droppings with 1 part of water, cover the container with a lid, Leave for 2-3 days. Then dilute the infusion with water in a ratio of 1:10.
Types of Tomato Supplements
Feedings are 2 types:
- Organic - These are compounds that plants need, they are formed from the decomposition of plants and from waste products of animals.
- Mineral - they are made without using organics.
Mineral dressing of tomatoes can be of 2 types: simple (they include 1 component), complex (in their composition there are 2, 3 and more components). Simple mineral supplements for tomatoes are those that consist of a single macronutrient or trace element.Complex fertilizer contains several components at once.
The macronutrient is nitrogen or phosphorus, potassium. And trace elements are substances that are required for the normal growth of tomato bushes - magnesium, calcium, zinc, etc.
- Magnesium improves the intensity of photosynthesis and promotes the formation of chlorophyll. With its deficiency, chlorosis is visible on the leaves, that is, they turn yellow. Use magnesium nitrate, they sprayed the bushes, dissolving 5 g of the substance in a ten-liter bucket of water.
- Zinc promotes protein, carbohydrate, phosphorus metabolism in plants. With his lack of leaves appear greyish-bronze specks. For feeding, take zinc sulphate, they sprayed the plants, diluting 5 g in a ten-liter bucket of water.
- Calcium - use calcium nitrate, sprinkling tomatoes, pouring 5 g in 10 liters of water.
- Molybdenum improves phosphorus, nitrogen and carbohydrate metabolism. With a shortage of molybdenum, the very first true leaves turn yellow, their edges curl. Those leaves that grow, are speckled. They buy ammonium molybdate, add 2 g to 10 l of water, pour the solution under the roots, trying not to fall on the leaves.
- Sulfur - acquire magnesium sulfate, spray bushes, pouring in 10 liters of water 10 g.
- Boron - Tomatoes are sprayed with boric acid solution to make them tied up; 5 g are taken for 10 l of water.
- Manganese - when the element is deficient, the yellowing of the sheet plate against the background of dark green veins is visible. They buy manganese sulphate, spray the bushes, dissolving 5 g in 10 l of water.
- Copper - use copper sulphate, making a solution of 2 g of substance and a ten-liter bucket of water.
- Iron, with a deficiency of the base element of the leaves yellow. Take iron sulfate, diluting 5 g in 10 l of water.
- Chlorine - is used quite rarely, as the substance inhibits bushes. There is a lot of chlorine in salt marshes, but not enough in leached soils. The limit of chlorine in the ground for tomato greenhouses is 0.02% on air-dry soil. With a lack of chlorine on the young leaves chlorine appears, they fade. With a greater deficit of chlorine leaves become bronze. Shrubs are sprayed with potassium chloride, diluting 5 g in 10 l of water.
- Monophosphate (simple superphosphate) is a grayish powder, it loses somewhat in efficiency to new fertilizers, but since it is cheap, it is used quite often.
- Granular superphosphate. It is made from monophosphate, wetting and rolling into granules.
- Double. It consists of calcium monophosphate, which is perfectly soluble in water. When feeding tomatoes, it makes two times less than a simple superphosphate.
- Granular superphosphate
Potassium tomatoes consume a little, especially he necessary for fruitingand potassium is required at the stage of seedling growth in order to form strong, not thin stalks. Potassium contributes to the formation of carbohydrates, increases the plant's immunity to diseases, frost, heat.
The plant becomes stronger, the taste of tomatoes improves, the roots grow more intense. Since the stems are strengthened, the tops become thick and do not fall. If the plants lack potassium, then the young leaves become curly if they are not strengthened in time and fertilizer is not strewed.
Use potash fertilizers - potassium chloride and potassium sulfate (it is used more often because it lacks chlorine, and an excess of chlorine inhibits bushes). When feeding tomatoes in the ground pour 40 g of potassium sulfate per 1 m2. Top dressing increases the number of tomatoes that are tied on the bushes and protects the plants from wilting.Potassium chloride
Nitrogen promotes intensive growth of greenery at the bushes. If the seedlings lower leaves turn yellow and fall off, this is due to a lack of nitrogen. It is best to apply nitrogen if the seedlings are elongated, pale and thin stems.
More nitrogen is required to form a larger number of ovaries. Because of this, nitrogen is applied twice per season — one week after planting the seedlings and at the beginning of the formation of ovaries.
In August, nitrogen should not be used, because the bushes need not to increase the green mass, and all the forces to throw on pouring fruit. Mineral fertilizers with a nitrogen content - ammonium sulphate, urea, ammonium nitrate. But do not forget that top dressing with nitrogen makes the soil more acidic, so you need to pour lime with them.Nitrogen fertilizer urea
- It contains nitrogen and phosphorus, is sold in the form of granules. The advantage of this fertilizer is the absence of nitrates and chlorine. Used as when digging the ground before planting, and when feeding the bushes.
Ammofoskait contains nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and trace elements - potassium, sulfur, magnesium. Fertilizer increases the resistance of tomatoes to diseases and with its help the bushes fully grow.
Diammofoska - besides nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, it contains 8 more trace elements, including zinc, iron, manganese. Very suitable for greenhouses.
Nitroammofosk - These are granules consisting of nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium.
NitrofoskaIt contains all 3 macronutrients necessary for the care of tomatoes: nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium. Suitable for all types of land, activates the growth and development of plants.Diammofoska well suited for greenhouses
Folk remedies in most cases suitable for other vegetables - pepper, cucumber. Fertilizer should be applied and put in the amount indicated in the description.
Drip 4 drops of iodine infused with alcohol in a ten-liter bucket of water. Fertilize 2 liters of liquid per bush.Iodine helps tomatoes ripen faster
Wood ash contains large amounts of potassium and phosphorus. For top dressing in a ten-liter bucket of water, pour in 1 glass of a folk remedy, and then pour it under the roots of each bush.
You can make foliar feeding ash. To cook it, pour 300 g of ash in 3 liters of water and boil for half an hour. Then leave for 5 hours. After that pour another 7 liters of water. Add to the composition a little grated household soap, then it will stick to the leaves. Next, strain the solution and spray them with leaves and stems.Wood ash contains large amounts of potassium and phosphorus.
There is a banana peel a lot of potassium. Skins from 2-3 bananas fold in a jar with a volume of 3 liters, top up with warm water. Leave for 3 days at home, strain and pour under the bushes. Watering is necessary without falling on the leaves.
Finely crush the eggshell of 3-4 eggs, pour into a 3 liter jar, add warm water, cover with a lid and put in the dark for 3 days. When the composition becomes cloudy and smells unpleasant, you can use it for watering.
To fertilize the tomatoes in a ten-liter bucket 1/3 sprinkle bird droppings, top up with water. You need to cook and leave on the street for 7-10 days. Next, dilute the infusion with another 200 liters of water. Pour the solution between the rows, pouring 5-6 liters per 1 m².
Make sure the chicken solution gets under the rootsrather than splashing on the leaves, as this can cause burns.Chicken droppings contain phosphorus and nitrogen.
Take a ten-liter bucket, fill half a bucket with manure, for example, horse, fill with water, cover with a lid, leave for 7 days in a warm place. After the infusion, stir, add another 100 liters of water to get a weak solution. Pour half a liter under the bush.
What is green fertilizer
Make an infusion of nettle leaves, they have a huge amount of potassium, iron, nitrogen. In a container for 2/3 vsypte nettle, add water, cover with a lid. It is necessary to prepare and leave for 7-10 days warm to nettle fermented. Next, dilute each liter of infusion - ten liters of water.Green fertilizer - infusion of nettle leaves
Pour under a bush on 1 l. You can replace the nettle with any fresh young grass, such as dandelion, alfalfa. In a month you can make 2 supplements infusion of green fertilizer.
Plants absorb nutrients from the soil through the roots, and useful substances are absorbed by plants through the leaves. Therefore, foliar nutrition is so important, because through the leaves all the necessary substances very quickly penetrate into the cells, they do not need time to dissolve in the ground. Foliar feedings are very effective for weakened seedlings.
This way the bushes are fed once a week or once every 6 days. Pour 10-15 g of carbamide, 15 g of potassium sulfate, 19 g of superphosphate into a ten-liter bucket of water. Spray the leaves and stems of the tomatoes in a solution.
Standard scheme for adding supplements under the bushes
Feed do up to 6 times. Fertilize tomatoes only early in the morning or late in the evening.
Top dressing of tomatoes in an open ground
- If seedlings sicklythen 3-4 days after it is landed, pour it with a solution of urea, dissolving 1 tbsp. spoon in a ten-liter bucket of water. Water the seedlings under the root.
- After 21 days after transplanting seedlings in open ground pour 0.5 liters of mullein and add 1 tbsp. spoon of urea in a ten-liter bucket of water. Water the bushes composition.
- When tomatoes will bloomthen feed them with potassium or ash. Dig holes along the beds, put ashes there, and then bury them. At the same time pour a solution of bird droppings, dissolving half a liter in a ten-liter bucket of water.
- If you see the whole brush of flowers feed the bushes with sodium humate. 2 weeks after feeding with humate, make a solution of superphosphate. For 1 m² pour the solution bucket.
- Make 2 more top dressings when forming fruits, use potassium and phosphorus.
In the greenhouse
- A week after planting the seedlings of tomatoes in the greenhouse or polycarbonate greenhouse in the spring, make a solution, pour 2 tsp of urea and 2 tsp of ammonium nitrate into a ten-liter bucket of water.
- 2 weeks after the first feeding, pour potassium sulfate into 10 liters of water.
- Wait 5 more days and make 3 dressing from 2 tbsp. spoons of ash, 2 tbsp. spoons of superphosphate and 15 liters of water.
- When the bushes will bloom, then spray them with the composition: add 2 tsp of sodium humate, 3 tbsp. spoons nitrophoska in ten-liter bucket of water. Pour 5 liters per 1 m².
- When vegetables will begin to fillfeed under potassium and phosphorus under the root.
For seedlings of tomatoes and peppers
Pour 1-3 ml iodine into a ten-liter bucket of water. Pour 1 liter of milk or fermented kefir. Such a composition increases crop yield and improves its quality.
Pour half a liter of the solution under the roots of one bush. After watering with iodine solution, be sure to water the bushes with clean, settled water having a temperature of 22 degrees.
- Pour into a glass a packet of dry instant yeast and 2 tbsp. spoon of sugar, stir, add a little water. After the mixture pour into a ten-liter bucket of water. Pour half a liter of the composition on the bush.
- Pour a jar of 3 l for 2/3 with black bread. Dissolve 100 g of yeast in water and add to the jar so that it is completely filled. The bank should stand in a warm room for 3-5 days. Next, strain the composition through cheesecloth. Dilute the composition, pouring another 30 liters of water. Pour half a liter of solution under a young bush, and 2 liters under an adult bush.
Yeast does not contain macro-and microelements, because of this they only stimulate the growth of plants.
Seasonal in the hole
When digging the ground, first 1-2 compost buckets are scattered per m², and then they dig up the ground.
In each well before planting pour 1 tbsp. spoon ash. And one more of the following fertilizers: 20 g of Universal fertilizer or 50 g of superphosphate. But you can instead pour 100 g of fertilizer into each well. Biohumus.
When digging holes for seedlings, they are made to a depth of 20 cm, but the distance between them is left depending on what sort you are going to plant. For undersized varieties, indent 20-30 cm, and for tall 70-90 cm.
Top dressings with various fertilizers help to grow and develop correctly to stalks, and leaves of tomatoes. They help bloom more abundantly and contribute to the formation of a larger number of ovaries. When you make dressings fruits ripen faster, get better taste.