Tomato Tolstoy F1 is a popular, time-tested Dutch hybrid. Its main advantage is complex disease resistance. This variety is able to bring a decent harvest, even a novice gardener.
Do not confuse the Tolstoy F1 with the new Russian hybrid Leo Tolstoy F1 from the company "Gavrish".
Seeds of a hybrid tomato Tolstoy F1 are delivered to the market by a famous agricultural corporation Bejo Zaden (Holland). Russian companies make bulk purchases of seed material and pack it for retail sale in garden stores.
In Russia, Tolstoy F1 tomato can be bought in a package from such large companies as Gavrish, Prestige, Poisk, Plasma Seeds and some others.
At the end of the XX century, Tolstoy F1 successfully passed a series of tests in the Russian climate. In 1999, it was entered into the State Register and recommended for widespread cultivation on Russian territory.
Characteristics and description of tomato Tolstoy F1
FruitThe average fruit weight is 100 grams
- The size of a tomato according to the description is on average 100 g. The minimum weight is 80 g, the maximum (in the first hands) is 150 g.
- The shape is round; the surface is smooth, sometimes slightly ribbed (above). Hybrid "blood" is manifested in the fact that all the tomatoes look smooth, as in the selection.
- The color is bright scarlet, very rich. Coloring is uniform, without spot near the stem.
- Brushes are on 6-8 ovaries. Tomatoes on one hand are poured and ripen almost at the same time. Can be collected with whole brushes, so convenient to transport and store.
- The taste is a classic "tomato". The aroma is not too intense.
- The density of the skin and flesh is quite high, like in most hybrids.
Appointment mainly canning and pickling. Size and shape are ideal for wholegrain pickling and pickling in jars with a standard neck. Salty products are strong, not watery. In addition, tomatoes are well stored.
BushesBushes variety Tolstoy look powerful and strong
In general, the plants look powerful, strong, healthy.
- The height of the stems in the greenhouse determined by its ceiling. In the street beds bushes grow into human growth. The development occurs on the indeterminant type, without a natural stop. Restrictions impose weather conditions or people.
- The foliage is light, medium in size. It does not overload the bush, does not obscure the ovary.
- Terms of ripening of the first fruits - medium early: after 105 days from germination, 70 days from transplanting. Fruiting lasts a long time, throughout the season.
- Yield potentially high. With minimal care, it is 5 kg per square meter in open ground, and if you try, the same amount can be obtained from one bush (especially in the greenhouse).
Hybrid Tomato Tolstoy F1 develops normally and bears fruit even in bad weather, is not afraid of heat and cold snap. It tolerates shading, temperature fluctuations and even lack of power.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The hybrid was created in the last century, so according to some characteristics may be inferior to breeding novelties. Someone modern hybrids seem more delicious and stuffy. They are not so quickly overgrown with stepchildren, and their yields are higher.
As for the lack of full resistance to phytophthora, here Tolstoy F1 is not alone: it has not yet been possible to create tomatoes that completely reject this infection.
In the open field, vegetable growers refuse this variety if it is not possible to put high supports.
Tomato Tolstoy F1 gets a high rating of gardeners precisely on the combination of remarkable properties, has proven unpretentiousness and reliability. Despite the great competition, he does not go the distance.Tomato seeds F1 F1
The cost of seed hybrid Tolstoy F1 much lower than analogues. This is the best option in terms of price and quality.
Subtleties of agricultural engineering
Tomato Tolstoy F1 is popular and in high demand, so there is a risk to stumble on a fake. Therefore, you need to choose bags from the most reliable companies in trusted stores.
If the expiration date is coming to an end, you can stimulate germination immunomodulators such as Epin or Zircon.
As a rule, seeds of hybrid tomatoes sprout a little longer than usual. Knowing the optimal age of seedlings before transplanting to a permanent place (55 days), sowing time is calculated in advance. it end of february (for greenhouses) or second or third decade of march (for outdoor ridges) - in climatic zones such as Moscow region, the Southern Urals, and Western Siberia.Seedlings varieties tend to pull out
Young seedlings prone to pullingtherefore, timely picking, good lighting, and moderate temperature are needed. Feed in the seedling season is not necessary.
Features of growing in a greenhouse
- One square meter is placed 3 bushes.
- Masking is required. Plants lead 1-2 stems, not more. At the end of the season the tops pinch.
- In hot weather, you need to establish through-ventilation.
- Comprehensive dressing is desirable to give weekly, alternating root and foliar.
- The soil in the root zone should be moderately wet constantly. Helps mulching.
- It is necessary to carry out prevention to protect against phytophthora. If previously there were no aggressive outbreaks of the disease, regular sprayings with Fitosporin-type biologics are sufficient. In case of heightened danger, one will have to resort to permitted chemicals (of the most modern ones, Previcur).
Caring for a garden bed
- Compliance with crop rotation will help prevent phytophthora outbreak.
- Planting density - 4 plants per square meter.
- Obligatory garter to high support.
- Bushes lead in one trunk, removing all stepchildren. In the first decade of August cut the tops of the stems.
- With abundant preplant dressing, fertilizing holes can be performed not too often, 1-2 times a month. In June, nitrogen nutrition should prevail, then - complex with microelements. If August is cold, spraying with phosphate fertilizers is needed.
Failures in the cultivation of tomato Tolstoy F1 least of all depend on the weather. Usually they happen because of gross mistakes of the host.
- Seeds sprout for a long time when the temperature is too low; +25 +30 degrees.
- Seedling does not develop in heavy soil and in the absence of drainage holes in the tanks.
- The flowers in the greenhouse disappear due to excessive heat.
- Low yields and small fruits are in thickened plantings, without staving.
Reviews of a hybrid tomato Tolstoy F1 - always complimentary. Both beginner and experienced gardener makes sense to pay attention to this variety.