Often from gardeners with considerable experience, you can learn about the benefits of horse manure. But people who do not understand deeply in this topic will not be able to understand the advantages of fertilizer. However, there is no doubt that this fertilizer is excellent as a dressing for warm beds, and also has many advantages over other types of manure.
The benefits of horse manure in the fall
Speaking about its benefits in the autumn, it is worth noting that, compared with the cow, he:
- Contains a large amount of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus
Due to the available properties, horse manure quickly gives off heat and warms up easily. It consists of a small amount of weeds, which is an obvious advantage over cows.
Organic fertilizer ranks first in terms of the degree of yield increase, bypassing cow, pork, goat, chicken, sheep and rabbit. When applied to heavy soils, it can loosen them, and when released into the lungs, will increase their water retention effect. In addition, when using it, the soil will not sour.Horse manure is useful in any form except fresh
The composition of this vital product contains trace elements and substances necessary for plants:
Unlike other fertilizers, it has a more loose and porous structure, which makes it convenient to apply to the soil. Experts recommend using it in greenhouses and greenhouses.
This is due to the fact that the product of vital activity emits a large amount of heat and makes it possible to grow vegetables in a short time.
How to apply in practice
If you know how to fertilize horse manure, you can certainly be considered an expert in the field of agriculture. However, it is worth highlighting in more detail the types of this fertilizer and its scope:
- fresh. This type is not recommended to add to the soil. This can provoke the inhibition of plants and even the complete destruction of their roots. Fresh form contains a lot of unnecessary garden elements: eggs of worms, weed seeds and fungal spores. The most favorable time for application is autumn, after digging the garden. This is due to the fact that during the winter period it will have time to decompose by spring planting and will go to the planted plants for the benefit.
- half broken At this stage is used in two ways. First, during digging it is added to the ground, and secondly, it is mixed with and it turns out fertilizing for plants. Flowers and garden crops (cabbage, zucchini and cucumber) are usually fed with this type of manure.
- swelled. At this stage, the manure loses half its mass compared to the original weight. When added to the soil calculation is used: ten kilograms of manure per square meter of land.
- humus. This stage is final. At this stage it is the most valuable and can be used as a top dressing for absolutely all garden crops and flowers.
- Horseback manure
- Fresh horse fertilizer
- Half-ripped horse manure
When can not be used for plants
Undoubtedly, horse manure has many advantages. However, it can not be thoughtlessly used, either in pure form or in granular form.
- It is extremely important to observe the frequency of addition to the soil. Too much can damage plants.
- Due to the fact that horse manure can remain in plants in the form of nitrates, harmful to the human body, it is not necessary to make it later than two weeks before you start harvesting.
- When applying horse manure for potatoes, you need to be especially careful: the fertilizer can be transferred from unchecked stables through fertilizer
- Directly under the root system itself fresh manure can not be made
Not recommended for use if:
- you see mold or fungal plaque, this fertilizer does not have the ability to warm up and is not suitable for use in greenhouses
- in the greenhouse is too dense soil. In this kind of soil, methane and hydrogen sulfide will be released, adversely affecting plants.
Rules for storing fresh manure in the garden
Do not forget that it is extremely important to store organic fertilizer. If it is improperly stored, the nitrogen will enter into a chemical reaction with oxygen, which is contained in the air, and evolve into ammonia, will evaporate. That is why horse manure must be stored in a place where there is minimal contact with air.
Another way is to store in compost heaps. Layers at the same time laid by weeds, fallen leaves, peat, as well as other vegetable organics. This method can be considered one of the best, since the released liquid is absorbed by organic layers and is saved.
The product of life, described earlier, has long been considered the best form of feeding, it is useful for all types of plants, especially in processed form and granules. Experienced people who have been growing vegetables for a long time believe that horse excrement is the best option when choosing fertilizer. In this case, the harvest will always be good, especially potatoes and tomatoes grow well. Previously, farmers were skeptical about the choice of this fertilizer, but having tried it once, they realized that the crop is much better, and the fruits themselves are much larger.