Every gardener knows that raspberry bushes grow well and give a rich harvest on chemicals-rich soils. To create favorable conditions for this plant, it is important to choose the right fertilizers.
Top dressing of raspberry in the autumn promotes increase in a harvest. Organic and mineral substances introduced according to the established rules are used as top dressing.
When does raspberry need feeding and processing?
Not just a raspberry fertilization calendar will help determine when you need to apply fertilizer. The plant itself will tell you what exactly it lacks, and which fertilizers are already superfluous. And it is not necessary to be an experienced gardener to be able to identify a problem.
You need to carefully examine the shrub, paying attention to the color change of the leavesthe thickness of the stems. Having found the problem in time, the owner will have time to solve it so that the shortage / surplus of fertilizers does not affect the yield. So, as a problem shrub signals:
- if the plant shoots are weak and thin, small foliage, it means phosphorus deficiency;
- the appearance of green-veined yellow leaves indicates iron deficiency;
- leaves grow poorly, turn yellow from the middle - add magnesium to the soil;
- the shrub looks burnt, turned a brown color - a little potassium. In this case, the plant may not survive the winter;
- small, yellowing leaves talk about a lack of nitrogen. In this case, the plants do not grow or do it too slowly; they look drooping;
- leaf color is very dark, shoots grow rapidly - too much nitrogen. This leads to an early fall of the berries, a decrease in yield.
How to fertilize in the spring before fruiting?
Before you spend spring dressing, it is important to prepare the bushes. First of all, trim the lower shoots. Weed out the weeds by hand, gently loosen the top, 10-cm layer of soil. This should be done so as not to injure the roots.Preparing feeding for raspberries
In order to have reason to expect a rich harvest, the application of mineral fertilizers is required in the spring. What fertilizers to make in the fall under the raspberries:
- superphosphate - This fertilizer contains a huge amount of the most beneficial plant substances: sulfur, potassium, magnesium and others. This fertilizer leads to increased yields of raspberries, accelerated development, increased resistance to various diseases;
- potassium salt - nutritional substance. An excellent substitute for this fertilizer is the custom ash, which, apart from other benefits, does not contain chlorine, which negatively acts on raspberries. Recommend to make dry or diluted;
- nitrogen fertilizers. Urea and ammonium nitrate.
Fertilize raspberry minerals better complex. The best effect is obtained when using a mixture of 60 g of superphosphate, 30 g of ammonia sulfur and 40 g of wood ash. All this mix in a bucket of water. In the soil to make for two steps, with the second dressing to do in the first month of summer.
During the period of fruit set it is recommended to fall asleep in the rows of raspberries with humus and compost. Organic and urea must be added every year., while fertilizer with phosphorus and potassium - once every three years.
How to feed the repair raspberry in August?
How to feed the raspberries in August, especially after fruiting? In the summer, it is necessary to apply at least one time fertilizer during the ripening period of the berries. Many gardeners recommend doing another additional fertilizer bushes - in June.
It is necessary to saturate the plant with nitrogen, potassium or phosphorus. In addition, bushes are sprayed with an aqueous solution of magnesium sulphate and boric acid. This can not be done in sunny weather, but it is pointless to pry and before the rain.
If desired, they can be replaced with infused wood ash. For this, 500 ml of ash are poured onto 10 liters of hot water. Fertilizing in this period with nitrogen is not worth it - this reduces frost resistance of the shrub.Preparation of feeding for raspberries in the summer
Fertilizer for raspberry in September
How to feed the repair raspberries in the fall after pruning? It is very important to fully feed the plant in the fall, since during the period of growth and fruiting it spent a considerable amount of nutrients. The shortage of these elements leads to inhibition of development and reduced yields in the coming year. Before making thoroughly weed and gently loosen.
In the autumn should bring organic - it contains the necessary trace elements. The shrub easily assimilates such fertilizers, therefore it will welcome spring healthy and full-fledged. More often in the fall use the following fertilizers:
- rotted manure. It gives strength to shrubs during the rapid growth in spring. In cold weather will help to warm and keep the roots intact. Use 6 kg of manure per square of land;
- rotten compost. Does not concede in efficiency to manure at all. In addition to saturation with valuable substances, it disinfects the soil. A good solution is the use of foliage, leaves, waste from vegetables;
- peat. Slightly saturates the soil, but its value in another - improves the structure of the soil;
- poultry (chicken) litter. Use an aqueous solution, evenly pouring the area of raspberry.
It is very important to start processing raspberries in September and correctly calculate the amount of fertilizer. The dose depends on the appearance of the plant and the quality of the crop. If the shoots are thick, the height of the shoots is up to two meters, while not less than 1.5 kg was collected from the bush, it should be fed in the prescribed mode. If the shoots are thin, grow poorly and the harvest is not enough - It is recommended to increase the amount of fertilizer applied.
By giving the raspberry the necessary amount of nutrients in the fall and spring, you can both improve the quality of the bushes and improve the yield. It is important to respect the deadlines and feed strictly on schedule.Fertilizer for raspberry autumn
Is nitrogen needed in the fall?
Nitrogen stimulates plant growth in the long term, which prevents the maturation of the shoots and greatly reduces the frost resistance of the shrub. Therefore, it is believed that even at the end of the summer you should not fertilize raspberries with nitrogen. That's a moot point.
From August begins the secondary growth of roots. Nitrogen in this process is the main component. Therefore, to make nitrogen in the fall should not be. At the end of the summer it is possible, but more often the plant lacks that small amount of fertilizer that was introduced in the spring in early June.
Preparing for the winter
Begin preparing the bushes for the winter should be before the onset of negative temperatures. Raspberries winter in a state pressed to the ground. However, before bending the shrub, it is necessary to prepare the shoots.
Pruning raspberries includes the removal of old dried and thin young branches. As a result, only new thick stems remain, which are cut in the upper part by 15-20 cm. A distance of 60 cm is kept between the bushes. If between them sprouted shoots - remove.Pruning and preparation of bushes for winter
The leaves of the shoots are removed carefully so as not to damage the kidneys. If leaves are left, they will damp, rot and can burn the buds. After cleansing, the bushes are bent, fixing with wire straps. Shrubs are located as close as possible to the ground, so that in winter the raspberry bush is completely covered with snow.
After the snow has laid down, it is impossible to forget about the shrub - if there is not enough snow - you need to fill up the bushes. The resulting crust knocked down to breathe raspberries.
Residents of the northern regions in the autumn should additionally cover the bushes with straw.
If everything is done correctly in the fall, in the spring the raspberries will rise in all its glory. If some shoots are dead, they must be removed so that they do not spread the disease.
Fertilizers - pests
Fertilizing raspberries should be done with caution, as fertilizing can both accelerate the flowering of the plant and ruin the raspberries.
Thus, it is impossible to use nitrogen in large quantities, because raspberries will grow constantly, and not "sleep" in the winter.
So, before you start applying fertilizers, it is important to find out which concrete will have a positive effect on plants. At the same time, whatever the soil turned out to be, it is impossible to leave raspberries without top dressing. In order for the plant to develop properly and give a rich harvest, it is necessary to find a middle ground.